Let me just brag for a minute about the chapter I have been at the last year! Their chapter PR is phenomenal, and the whole chapter comes together to make a presence on campus at the University of Missouri. Here are a few tips I have noticed that other chapters could utilize.
1. Button Pass Outs on Campus
2. Chapter Hashtag
Epsilon Mu is starting a hashtag to use when talking about events and sisterhood #MIZSK
3. Utilize Chapter Programming for a Social Media Workshop
Some alarming social media facts they presented were:
- 91% of employers look at social media. This is up from 89% last year.
- 69% of hiring agents haven’t hired someone because of social media.
- Even if you don’t supply a recruiter with your social network profiles, 73% of recruiters will check them out anyway.
Epsilon Mu not only keeps their chapter website updated for PNMs, but also blogs to keep alumnae and other chapter supporters update. Check it out here: http://mizzousigmakappa.wordpress.com/
*Don’t forget you are always wearing your letters, even on social media. And even over the summer. Keep your social media clean 365.