Being a true multitasker, I need to have multiple things going on in order to be the most effective. Most days, I send emails, write blogs, etc. on one half of my computer screen and have Netflix on the other half. Here are some of my favorite things to watch on Netflix and Hulu+:
1. Superhero shows! Currently I’m on a superhero kick and Netflix and Hulu+ both are doing great at indulging this whim.
- Arrow – This show focuses around the DC character Green Arrow. It has a billionaire turned vigilante and is currently on Season 3. (Seasons 1 and 2 are on Netflix, Season 3 is currently airing on TV and is available on Hulu+)
- The Flash – This show, shockingly, focuses on DC character the Flash. It is only a few episodes in and focuses on a police scientist who, through unusual circumstances, gains super speed. (Season 1 is currently airing and is available on Hulu+)
- The Avengers – If you haven’t been following the individual Iron Man, Thor and Captain America movies, you’re missing out on some awesome superheros. The Avengers combines these characters and more. This one is available on Netflix and is pretty fun.
2. Halloween time. As someone who is just not a giant fan of Halloween, Netflix does have some options for more Halloween time movies.
- The Nightmare Before Christmas – It’s a Tim Burton movie with a town dedicated to Halloween. Plus, if you have ever been to Disneyland/world from October – December you may have seen the Haunted Mansion changed to match this movie.
- The Addams Family – I am just a sucker for Wednesday Addams. I have been Wednesday for Halloween more than once.
3. Random Favorites
- Eureka – Now Netflix and I just got in a fight because it took away the first three seasons of this favorite show of mine. The last two seasons are still great, so find a way to watch the first three seasons, and then finish it up over here.
- Lost Girl – I love a funny sidekick, and Kenzi takes the cake for that role. It revolves around a succubus as she learns about her powers and the crazy world she’s gotten into. (Netflix)
- MasterChef Junior – It’s a cooking competition show, but all the contestants are 8 – 13 years old… and they can all cook WAYYY better than me. This is available on Hulu+ but a new season also kicks off in early November.
- The League – A bunch of 30ish year old guys playing fantasy football. Many of the actors are comedians in real life and there are guest appearances by many NFL players. (Netflix)
That’s all for now. Don’t worry, I could go on for DAYS about all the things I like to watch, but it’s always good to pick up a new show and see where it takes you.