With my time as a leadership consultant coming to a close, a lot of lasts are occurring. Last chapter visit, last new member meeting, last formal meeting, last officer meeting and the list goes on. I also seem to write a lot about working out and staying fit and healthy. So here is too my final working out blog post!
My absolute favorite and very easyworkouts would be the monthly challenges. I have found – thanking Pinterest now – an April, May and June monthly workout plan. These by far kick your butt, but are they worth it!? Heck yes. After week two and sometimes even week one I am crawling to get myself out of bed because of the pain my body is overcoming. So take a look at the ones below and feel free to make a comment and share with me your favorite at home workout!
Here is the link, https://www.pinterest.com/pin/40110252908622624/
If there is one thing I own too much of, it would be shorts. Purchasing them are so much fun. My absolute favorite place to purchase shorts is the fabulous, J Crew. They fit so well and can always be dressed down to look more casual or can be dressed up for a nicer, professional look. With spring happening and summer just around the corner I wanted to be able to share with you some of my favorite types of shorts. I found a photo on Pinterest of the top five shorts to have. I couldn’t agree more with this photo.
Each of these shorts have there own personality to them, and you can show your personality just by wearing a pair of shorts. My personal favorites would have to be the chinos or the critters. I love the feel and the look of the chinos and the critters have such unique patterns that are always fun to wear! The one pair of shorts I don’t own much of is denim. This is crazy to me because who doesn’t own denim shorts!? I will have to make a trip to J Crew in the near future to be sure to complete my top 5 must have shorts for spring and summer!
Who doesn’t love the 80’s!? Big hair, great clothes and the best movies.
I have some of my all time favorite movies from the 80’s below. Side note: These are the only three movies I actually own.
1. Pretty in Pink. Best movie EVER. If you have never seen it you are certainly missing out. This is a movie for which all my emotions come out to play! You will learn that Duckie is the man.
2. Sixteen Candles. You wanna laugh, watch this movie now. The one liners out of this movie are gold. The main character faces her 16th birthday but no one remembers until [SPOILER ALERT] the handsome Jack Ryan shows up last minute to whisk her away. Growing up I was obsessed with Jake Ryan.
3. Breakfast Club. In honor of this movie coming out 30 years ago this month I had to add this one to the list. This movie conjures up all of those fond high school memories! You get all the usual high school stereotypes who are enemies but ultimately find friendship and a good time in detention.
Feel free to comment below on your favorite 80s movies!
Recently, where I am residentially based with Lambda Beta Chapter at Coastal Carolina University, the members pretty much ALL own some sort of Kate Spade. I was fascinated by the colors, leather and quality that I would often stare and dream of my own someday.
So friends, I made the leap of faith and walked into the Kate Spade Outlet and it was like walking into a candy store. A pricey candy store, but so very worth it. Thankfully, they were having a 50% then 20% sale so I thought it must be fate. I started browsing until I came upon this gorgeous black tote. I thought to myself, ‘This will look so good with my new Kate Spade coffee cup that I bought at RLC D3.’ Of course it had to match my other items. Check out my current items and my current wants.
Now my issue is that I must have more. I have never been a purse gal. For some reason I am never one to see a nice bag and want it, but with Kate Spade that has all changed. I feel more empowered having a new purse, like I can take on the world.
The beloved movie Frozen is a ultimate favorite of mine. I am extremely obsessed with this movie. If you know me, you are already very aware of this. So what I have for you are a few things I learned.
1. Self-Acceptance. Elsa transitioned from a shy, scared young woman into a shining, confident leader. She takes life challenges and runs right through them. She accepts who she actually is and proves that she can be whomever she wants to be.
2. Love. Love is a happy thing and it takes patience. Love also comes in many forms, like family and friendship.
3. Accept yourself and others. The most important lesson I got from this is accepting others no matter who or what they are.
4. Dream big. Olaf dreamed big…he is a snowman who so badly wanted to see summer, and he continued to fight for summer. It is inspiring to me that something that really doesn’t fit into summer wanted it so bad and never gave up. Never give on something, even if you think the dream is too big.
One of my New Year’s resolutions was to start doing yoga consistently. I am proud to say I have been successful! I wanted to send over some tips and fun yoga items I have found through the past month.
Starting your day with a nice relaxation yoga is a great start for you day! I always feel a sense of relief and pure happiness moving forward into my day.
This is a link I used A LOT this past month. Nice to just reference.
Finally, this app is AMAZING. Best $3.99 you will spend if you want to commit yourself to yoga. You can add them into your calenders on your phone and iPad so you are setting time aside each day for yoga.
Hope you can bring that amazing yoga feeling into your day!
The cliche New Year’s Eve kiss and resolution are what we look forward to each year, and even though it can be kinda overrated, we all still can’t get enough of it! I made a list of personal resolutions. I never usually do these resolutions, but this past year a lot of changes have occurred in my life for the better. I am very happy and excited moving into 2015 and ready for the new experiences I will have, places I will go, and relationships I will make. Here are my resolutions!
5. Educate myself more. I hate to admit, but this past year being on the road has been very difficult to keep up with current events. This year, however, will be different. I will ACTUALLY read my daily Skimm email and watch the news when I am back home for the day or getting ready in the morning.
4. Eat a bit healthier. I say ‘a bit’ because I work with a Chick-fil-A staring at me so that makes things a little difficult. Already I have been eating less bread and drinking more smoothies that include fruits and vegetables.
3. Visit another country. I want to see more of this world. Thankfully, I have had such an amazing opportunity as a leadership consultant to travel this amazing country and experience meeting so many amazing people.
2. Develop a passion. Yoga. I tried last year continuing my yoga passion but it was difficult to make that time; however, this year will be different.
1. Finally, reconnect with religion. Find something that gives me a spiritual passion and drive.