It is hard to believe as I am writing this my time as a leadership consultant is coming to an end. Over the past 2 years I have gone to over 20 Sigma Kappa chapters, lived in two different states and met countless sisters. In honor of the 20 wonderful chapters I had the opportunity to work with, I am going to countdown from 20 in an attempt to explain what this experience has meant to me. (Don’t worry I don’t have something for every number but I will make it to 1!)
- 20: The number of campuses I have visited as a leadership consultant. Each campus has been different but connected by this wonderful organization. I have been to campuses in California, Oregon, Alabama and Massachusetts. At every campus the women I met with taught me something new. They showed me what it means to be a Sigma Kappa all over this country. I am thankful to every campus and every Sigma Kappa I came in contact with. You all welcomed me with open arms and took me in as your sister.
- 17: The number of women on the LC team. These women are incredible. I would not have made it through this journey without each and every one of you. You all inspire me to be a better human every day, and this year would not have been the same without you.
- 14: The number of states I have been to. As a reference this does not include the number of states I visited on an airplane, just the states where I visited a chapter. This job had taught me about the beauty of the world we live in. Going to 14 different states I was able to see so many different areas of the USA. We live in a beautiful country and I cannot wait to continue to explore it.
- 12: The number of women on the 2014-2015 LC team. This journey would not be the same without you all. You helped me navigate what it means to be a leadership consultant. Thank you for being there for me when things were tough and cheering me on through successes. I couldn’t have asked for better women to spend my first year with!
- 8: The number of training’s completed. As an LC we have two training’s over the summer, one mid-year and one at the end of April. These training’s would not be possible without our two amazing supervisors. The two of you train and lead us to places we never thought we would go. You both have helped to shape my life and I cannot thank you enough for all that you do.
- 5: The number of years I have been in Sigma Kappa. Wow. It is hard to imagine a time when Sigma Kappa was not a part of my life. This organization has made me a better person, it has given me my best friends and it has changed my life. This organization will never cease to be a part of me, it truly is for a lifetime.
- 3: The number of different experiences I have had as a LC. Last year, I worked with one of our new chapters, Lambda Alpha, in Mobile, AL. Last semester, I traveled around the country working with our established chapters. This semester, I worked with our colony at Indiana University. All three of these experiences have taught me how vast Sigma Kappa is and how our four values truly bind us together.
- 2: The number of years I have been a LC. It has been two crazy but absolutely amazing years.
- 1: incredible journey.
Thank you to every volunteer, chapter officer and chapter member that have been a part of this journey. Every single one of you made this experience worth it, and for that I am eternally grateful.
Last thank you to my teams for being my support, my supervisors for being my motivators and my family/friends for being my strength.