When I was a collegian I was obsessed with one of our preference speeches, Sigma Kappa is. I loved the story it told about all the things Sigma Kappa can mean in a young woman’s life; it is the perfect representation of what sisterhood looks like in the day to day. Life as a LC is making our sisterhood your entire life and so what I would like to leave you with in my last post is what being a Leadership Consultant for Sigma Kappa is…
- SKLC is taking so many personality tests, doing so many team builders, eating Blaze pizza and Brics ice cream as you spend a few summer weeks in the basement of NHQ making lifelong friends.
- SKLC is stressing for days about packing two suitcases you will live out of for the next 4 months.
- SKLC is saying “Hey there. Have you heard about Sigma Kappa?” thousands of times. No really, thousands. It’s hundreds of coffee dates, and many late nights to create the seven amazing new chapters we have. It’s looking back on all of that and feeling so incredibly blessed to have had the opportunity to change women’s lives by introducing them to Sigma Kappa.
- SKLC is meeting collegians that make you think “Thank god I am a Sigma Kappa because I have the privilege of being this woman’s sister”.
- SKLC is 23 states (and a territory) in less than a year.
- SKLC is moving to a new place and living alone for the first time in your life.
- SKLC is meeting and spending time with alumnae who show you the kind of woman you want to be when you grow up.
- SKLC is watching women who inspire, challenge and amaze you learn our traditions and our secrets. It’s crying when they are installed as a chapter. It’s watching them grow in our sisterhood and knowing that though what they’ve already accomplished is incredible, there is so much left in store.
- SKLC is watching women you love go through some really tough things, and being in awe of their grace as they do.
- SKLC is so many face time calls. It is your very best friends. It is squad goals.
- SKLC is sobbing as you write this post, because you realize that this journey is soon coming to an end.
- SKLC is the most challenging, most rewarding, most amazing year of your life.
Thank you for coming along on this journey with me. Thank you for reading my posts. Thank you for an incredible year.