We all know that life can be stressful. Whether it is work or life there can always be something that gets to you and stresses you out. I recently heard some great advice from a very smart woman. She said “you choose to let the situations in your life stress you out.” I had never thought about stress like this and have tried to use the advice so far this semester.
In titling this post, I am not sure de-stress is the right way to put it. The 5 tips that I have go to this advice of choosing not to get stressed out but instead choosing to get your mind off of the situation. So here are the five ways I have been choosing to re-direct my stressful thoughts. My hope is that you can find one thing on this list to help you re-direct your stress as well!
- Read a book: I love to read but sometimes I find it hard to pick up a book when I know how many other things I need to do. However, it is important to do the things you love and get your mind off of the things that are stressing you out.
- Go for a walk/exercise: I have not been making time to exercise recently but I have been making time to go for walks. A walk can be one of the best ways to clear your mind and lift up your spirit.
- Watch Netflix: I know that this one may sound a bit silly. But I do have a reason for listing this one! Sometimes you just need to do something mindless and forget about everything else that is going on. Netflix is a great way to enter into a different world by watching one of your favorite shows/movies/documentaries.
- Cook a meal: I love to cook even though I’m not very good at it. When you cook a meal you focus on just that, cooking the meal and making sure your food is good. This can also help to take your mind off of the stress and focus on making some delicious food.
- Talk to someone that makes you happy: I know that a fault of mine is that when I am starting to stress about something I continue to talk and think about it. That is why I think talking to someone that makes you smile and laugh can be so therapeutic. Talk to them about everything and focus on them to get your mind happy and in the right place!
I hope you can find one thing on this list to keep you from stressing out!
Until next time,