My iPod has become more important to me during this semester of traveling than I ever expected it to be. I’ve had him (it’s a boy!) for about 7 years now, and if he ever dies, I don’t exactly know what I will do. Most people would agree that music is awesome. I am one of those people who listens to pretty much any genre you can imagine. I love listening to different genres because music can absolutely affect my mood and take an awful day and make it a little bit brighter. My iPod, instead of having playlists of songs I’ve liked at different periods of my life, has playlists for different feelings. Each of these playlists is something that I specially craft, and for me, I need them.
Here’s a little sample of my feelings in music form. Disclaimer: Do not listen to Sad or Angry for too long. Put some Happy in there to bring the mood back up!
Angry/Frustrated: There are always times where we need to get out a little anger. This playlist doesn’t fit everyone’s musical taste, but I like it. Some of the songs on this playlist:
- Shout at the Devil – Motley Crue
- The Great Hendowski – Of Mice and Men
- Tear Away – Drowning Pool
- Smokahontas – Attack Attack
- Gunpowder and Lead – Miranda Lambert
Calm Down: This playlist exists for those moments where I just need to relax. It’s probably the most varied of all of them, but it all works so well together! This is also great when I get a little nervous on planes.
- The Blood of Cuchulainn – Boondock Saints Soundtrack (The version I like is instrumental and very Irish sounding)
- Crystallize – Lindsey Stirling
- Frank Sinatra… Anything by Frank
- Search and Destroy – 30 Seconds to Mars
- My Understandings – Of Mice and Men
Happy: Pretty self-explanatory.
- Strange Magic – Electric Light Orchestra
- I’ll Make a Man Out of You – Mulan
- Grace Kelly – Mika
- Havana Affair – Red Hot Chili Peppers (originally by the Ramones)
- Don’t Stop Me Now – Queen
Pump Up: These are either great in the morning, or during that slump in the middle of the day. Sometimes, this is also a great workout playlist.
- Circus – Britney Spears
- Nothing but a Good Time – Poison
- Here I Go Again – Whitesnake
- Crazy Beautiful Life – Kesha
- Sunny and 75 – Joe Nichols
Sad: Again, pretty self-explanatory.
- Only Hope – Mandy Moore (no judgments)
- The Only Exception – Paramore
- Every Rose has its Thorn – Poison
- The Scientist – Coldplay
- Jesus – Brand New
Variety is the spice of life. Break out of your musical shell and find some new music. You never know what your new favorite will be!