Nearing my 65th flight this year and I only have one blog left after this one, so I should start my thank yous now…
I feel like the luckiest woman at age 23. I have met so many cool, interesting and intelligent women. I gained more knowledge from each and every one of you than potentially my four years of college combined… (well. maybe I’m slightly exaggerating) BUT REALLY.
I have done a lot myself…
- Traveled to 20 states prior to this job…$500+ in gas, family bonding and $30 headphones to keep my sanity in a packed car
- Swam with sharks: $200 of straight fear
- Traveled to seven different countries…I don’t even want to add the price
- Walked 600 steps of Notre Dome….sweat through my clothes, $10 emergency perfume, but burned off the calories of Nutella Crepe!
- Met celebrities: 30 seconds of feeling good until the $12 in DayQuil after not washing that hand and getting sick. (JK)
- Made it to the top of the Eiffel Tower…waiting two hours only to throw what I know up there!
- The Past 300 days as an LC….ABSOLUTELY PRICELESS. (Maybe I should look into a career with MasterCard?)
Here is a peek into the fantastic sisters we are lucky to share who have done WAY MORE EXCITING THINGS THAN ME:
- I have met women who are related to celebrities
- women who are college women by day and Disney princesses at Disneyland by night
- A few of you got a SHOUT OUT FROM JT at his concert!
- I have met sports all-stars
- Some of you have gone skydiving…we have brave sisters.
- I have met women who have been through the toughest times, but are happy and healthy thanks to the support of Sigma Kappa sisters
- You all know at least one person in your chapter who swam with dolphins
- Some of you have walked parts of the Great Wall of China
- A few of you save endangered species as your major…
- I have met women who have traveled to over 20 countries….that puts my seven to shame!
- Some of you are smarter than my brain would ever be capable of; you are in the honors program and are achieving 4.0 GPAs.
- Women who have gone to watch the Olympics firsthand
- Some of you are applying for Teach For America and the Peace Corps.
- A woman created a brand of cookies for those who were on a gluten-free diet. GO YOU. And I see that brand in the grocery stores!!
- At least five of you have run marathons
- Some of you achieved Greek Woman of the Year
- Some of you are recognized by the dean of your university
I am so excited to turn on the TV five years from now to see at least one of you out there changing the world! Thank you all for personally making me smarter, a more well-rounded human being, and PROUD TO BE YOUR SISTER.