In the spirit of New Year’s resolutions, I have nailed down a few things I want to work on in the coming year. I came up with my list with the help of this article I saw shared on Facebook!
1. Be healthy and fit! I would love more than anything to figure out an exercise plan for myself and actually stick to it. I also want to eat healthier (to an extent, as I will always love chicken tenders, french fries and ice cream!) and to drink more water!
2. Invest in relationships. Relationship building is one of those skills that is a continuous work in progress for me. It isn’t something that comes naturally. One way that I will be striving to improve relationships is by staying off the phone in company of others (harder than it sounds when you have two phones!!)
3. Learn a new skill. Those out there who know me at all know I enjoy learning new things (ex. knitting, crocheting, sewing, and a slew of other random things I know how to do thanks to the Internet), so this year, I want to learn something new!
4. Stop caring what other people think of me. I really struggled with this in college, and frankly I let it rule my life. But this year, I want to work on doing what makes me happy and what is fun without basing my decisions on what other people will think of me.
5. Learning to embrace failure. This is a lifelong work in progress. No one likes failing (at least I hope not!), but failing is a natural part of life and provides many opportunities for growth and introspection.
Comment and tell me what some of your work in progress items are for the year!