While on the road, I have realized some things I just cannot live without. Here are my top five must-haves while traveling as a leadership consult:
- Nail polish accompanied with Essie Good to Go – it makes your nails dry in literally five minutes. Perfect for a leadership consultant’s busy life.
- Kindle – great for between meetings or after a long day. Nothing is better than just getting lost in a good book. My favorite I have read so far while on the road is Gold by Chris Cleave. It is a twisted love story about two Olympic speed cyclists.
- Starbucks – during training this summer numerous past leadership consultants “warned” us about the addiction to Starbucks. I like coffee, but never thought I would become addicted…well, I have! I love sitting in the coffee shop with a pumpkin spice latte to get work done. In fact, that is what I am doing right now while I write this blog post.
- iPad – my family got me this for graduation and it has been the perfect gift! You can find me using it to kill time on Pinterest or Netflix, after all my work is done of course. Also, it is perfect to pull up officer handbooks for a quick reference.
- Family and friends – they have been my support system through this incredible journey in my life. Some days have been hard, but I know I can call anyone to help me through.