1. Receiving a phone call that the Alpha Gamma chapter, Washington State University, had 20 quota additions and would be welcoming 65 new members on bid day!
2. Experiencing a new culture in New Wilmington, PA (Alpha Sigma chapter), and seeing my first Amish person in the flesh while helping the women plan their upcoming formal recruitment. As a social studies education major, this was a major nerd moment for me!
3. Eating at a wonderful local restaurant, T. Bar and Fusion Cafe, in Chico, CA, (Delta Iota chapter) prior to a visit full of lots of local eateries (Rubicon Deli, Bibo Coffee Co.) in “The Biggest Little City in the World”, Reno, NV (Kappa Xi chapter)
4. Feeling like a student again by learning the ins and outs of the Gengras Student Union at the University of Hartford (Theta Sigma chapter)
5. Eating a world famous Primanti Brothers sandwich in Pittsburgh and seeing a shooting
6. Watching the women of Gamma Theta (California State University, Long Beach) compete in the Deltiki dance competition, where they placed third!
7. Sleeping on my first sleeping porch at the Upsilon chapter, Oregon State University, and celebrating with the chapter as they made quota during formal recruitment!
8. Participating in a campus tour at the University of Washington, Mu chapter, with six other Panhellenic consultants
9. Touring Golden, CO, and learning about all the traditions of the Colorado School of Mines (Zeta Pi chapter), especially the M Climb
10. Showing myself around the city of San Francisco for the day then spending a wonderful week with the Lambda chapter at the University of California, Berkeley
After the wonderful memories from fall semester, I look forward to all that 2012 has to offer!